Today I am recommended a book for you. It’s the favourite of many…old and young..but with a twist.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K Rowling and illustrated by Jim Kay.
It is the original, magical story of Harry Potter’s adventures but with over 100 gorgeous, full colour illustrations.
It is bound to capture the attention of any reader and would be the perfect way to introduce a child to this beloved series.
This book would make a great gift.
To be honest, I may be replacing my Harry Potter collection with this series!
The pictures really bring the story to life. I absolutely love it.
Want to hear more from the illustrator?
Check out this video of him discussing illustrating the magical Harry Potter world :
You can find this illustrated edition in most bookstores such as WH Smiths, Waterstones and on amazon, fnac etc.
There are so many activities that can take inspiration from this book too. I do love a good theme!
– write you own Harry Potter book
– turn the story into your own comic strip
– create your own potions like professor snape (check out some fun science experiments for kids, pinterest is full of ideas)
– design your own magical creature
– create your own version of the marauders map with invisible ink. You can make your own invisible ink using household items!
– if you are feeling particularly creative you could use paper maché to craft a sorting hat!
Click here to find out more books on our recommended reading list.