At Emily Rose Nannies we search for highly educated, enthusiastic and responsible child carers.
Therefore, we have a list of minimum requirements that must be met for applicants to be considered for a nanny job with us.
If you would like to become a nanny with Emily Rose Nannies, you must have either 3 years experience in the child care / education sector or hold qualifications in a relevant field.
(Qualifications in Early Childhood Care, Education, Child Development, Teaching etc. or experience as an aupair or nanny, Nursery Nurse, Teaching Assistant for example)
We highly recommend applicants to have up to date First Aid Training.
All candidates also need to be able to provide the following
- 3 work related, written and contactable references
- A recent, clear CRB check
- A copy of their valid passport
- A copy of their visa (if applicable)
Applicants are also considered based on personality.
In order to succeed and become a nanny, you must possess a dynamic, positive attitude.
Show us that you are flexible and mature with great communication skills.
Most importantly you must have a vested interest in the education and well being of children.
Please be aware that a position overseas requires someone with an open mind and a lot of patience as it is almost sure that you will encounter some cultural and language barriers at some point.
Our families are looking for dedicated individuals who are willing to stay with them for at least 1 year.
With this in mind, we ask that you have considered what being abroad entails and that you are ready to commit to being away from friends, family and home.
Do you fit this description?
If you meet the requirements and would love to become a nanny in Paris, apply today to start your new adventure!
Below is the typical process Emily Rose Nannies follows to match you with the ideal family so you can become a nanny in Paris.
- Send a copy of your CV and ID to Emily Rose Nannies.
Make sure to include all of your childcare experience and a description of your work i.e ages of the children, main responsibilities etc
- We’ll have a video interview to confirm your details and to outline your preferences.
- Completion of registration documents.
We will send you a list of documents needed in order to complete your profile (you can also find the list above though!)
These documents will form your profile that will be sent to potential employers.
- We’ll conduct reference checks.
As mentioned, we ask for 3 contactable references in order to verify your suitability for the role.
- Suitable family profiles will be sent to you.
Read through the information about the family and their expectations, let us know your feedback and if you would be interested in the position.
- Initial interview with a family.
This is typically via Skype if you are not already in Paris. We will provide you with some interview tips and good questions to ask the family!
- Sometimes, a short trial with the family will be arranged.
This could be an afternoon spent with the family or a weekend trip if possible.
The family will take responsibility for the cost of transport and accommodation.
- Providing all goes well at your trial you will receive an offer of employment.
This will specify working hours, schedule, salary and responsibilities.
Employment is directly with the family.
A one month trial period will be included in the offer of employment.
- Emily Rose Nannies provides unlimited support and guidance in helping you getting set up in Paris and with your new position.
- We will stay in touch with you by checking in and providing lots of ideas to keep you and the little ones busy around the city.